Since overcoming my fear of all things lipstick a few years ago, I’ve amassed quite a collection of lip products – mostly lipsticks, a few lip stains, and three very neglected lip glosses.
At the heart of my collection are the high-contrast reds which, apparently, I can’t get enough of, because my current wishlist is filled with them.
Clockwise from 12 o’clock: Giorgio Armani Rouge d’Armani 400, Beauté Liqui-Gel Stain in Fever (review here), Laura Mercier Stickgloss in Poppy, Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Samsara, Suqqu Creamy Glow Lipstick #17 Ichijiku (review here), Lipstick Queen Medieval, Lavshuca Dramatic Memory Rouge in RD-2 (review here), MAC Viva Glam I.
Here I’ve added a swatch of Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in #10 Rouge Philtre (review here) on the far right, because I left it out of the earlier shots (on purpose. obviously.) even though it counts as a red.
So, as a reminder, these swatches (and the paper swatches) are, from left to right:
- Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Samsara: a berry red
- Suqqu Creamy Glow Lipstick #17 Ichijiku: a dark, vampy, brick red
- MAC Viva Glam I: another dark brick red
- Lipstick Queen Medieval: a sheer but buildable cherry red
- Lavshuca Dramatic Memory Rouge RD-2: a sheer red that’s slightly warmer.
- Armani Rouge d’Armani 400: a classic true red
- Laura Mercier Stickgloss in Poppy: a sheer tomato red
- Beauté Liqui-Gel Stain in Fever: a vivid red to sheer rose pink depending on how sheer it’s applied.
- Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain #10 Rouge Philtre: another vivid classic red, that can be sheered out to a rose stain.
Can’t get enough red?
- Check out the Driveller’s red lipstick swatches here.
- Xiao of Messy Wands posted her red lipstick collection recently (it must be the season!).
- Emi of Project Swatch has a whole bunch of red lipstick reviews.
- Lipglossiping has a whole Red Lips Series
What’s your favourite shade of red lipstick? And are there any you’re lusting after at the moment? I’m in love with Guerlain’s new Rouge G l’Extrait in Luxure, and I can’t wait to actually get it.